The aim of the “EIA Programme” is to prepare Ukrainian professionals for independent training of professionals, as well as carrying out EIA procedures and drafting EIA documentation in accordance with the EU law and selected international conventions.
The Programme would be aimed at graduates of natural, biology, chemistry, environmental protection, sanitary engineering and environmental engineering sciences. Lectures, classes, seminars, workshops and field classes would take place at the universities of Gdańsk and Ukraine, e.g. Lviv. Workshops presenting the following investments would be organised at the offices of EKO-KONSULT in Gdańsk and the sites of the selected projects:
The scope of the courses will combine modules meeting the requirements of the European Union law in terms of environmental impact assessment, with reference to strategic spatial and programme documents, as well as point, linear and area-related investments.
Main elements of the EIA post-graduate Programme:
- EU environmental protection law – selected issues.
- Basics of an environmental impact assessment procedure.
- EIA procedures in Ukraine.
- Selected aspects of EIA in Poland.
- Methods of environmental impact assessment.
- Qualification of enterprises requiring environmental impact assessment for an investment – screening process.
- Scoping process for the EIA report .
- Process of consultations and public participation in EIA procedures.
- Opinions on environmental impact assessment reports.
- Arrangement of environmental conditions – administrative decision.
- Issuing of environmental consents (decisions).
- Cross-border aspect of an EIA procedure.
Title: Ukrainian and Polish post-graduate Programme on environmental impact assessment (EIA Programme)
Aim: Professional education and development of staff from Ukraine in terms of environmental impact assessment with the participation of:
- Government and local government administration.
- Forecast (strategic assessment) leaders and people drawing up EIA reports for investments.
- Trainers for continuing with the Ukrainian staff training.
Post-graduate EIA staff training centre established by, e.g.:
- University of Gdańsk / Gdańsk University of Technology,
- Ukrainian university, e.g. Lviv,
- EKO-KONSULT Sp. z o.o. in Gdańsk.
Teaching facilities of the universities, industrial, infrastructural and municipal facilities, as well as workshops at EKO-KONSULT Sp. z o.o. offices in Gdańsk.
Intergovernmental agreement (framework document).
Tripartite agreement between the authorities of the Ukrainian and Polish universities and EKO-KONSULT Sp. z o.o.
Depending on the needs of the Ukrainian side, a relevant number of single-semester courses for administration representatives and two-semester courses for trainers and leaders of teams drafting EIA documentation.
“EIA Programme” completion diploma
EKO-KONSULT Spółka z o.o.
ul. Narwicka 6, 80-557 Gdańsk
+ 48 58 554 31 38 (39)
Write to us:
Branch in Krakow:
+48 669 890 009